Saturday, November 3, 2007

Sometimes Things Aren't So Clear

I may be moving to a new apartment in the next week or so. Or, I may get turned down by the owners or simply change my mind on Monday and stay where I am, comfortable in my familiar misery. It would be nice if these big decisions and last minute moves could come at more convenient times, like when I don't have my next several weekends booked and I'm not still recovering from my first marathon. But that would be too easy. That would make it way too easy to just pick up and move on to greener pastures, which seems to be one of my fortes in spite of how painful and exhausting it is each time I do it.

Mom has already expressed concern that I will put myself in a bad position by jumping on this opportunity prematurely and I thoroughly understand her concern since I'm right there with her. However, I am also concerned that this will be my one and only opportunity to secure a place to live which is not only affordable and roommate-free (a boon!) but also strategically located near public transportation and walking distance from campus and the office. Will I find another opportunity to do this when it's more convenient for me to move in December or January? I highly doubt it.

I should really start worrying about if I even have any friends left who are willing to help me move this 32" television. Or maybe even consider finally giving it up?





(...NOOOOOOOOO!!!!)

No comments: