Sunday, July 8, 2007

Sometimes It's Good Just Because, Too

It's funny that I got sad when mister-man first left today. I suddenly felt overwhelmed with difficulty... difficulty breathing, difficulty smiling, difficulty functioning. I had to keep reminding myself that I wouldn't have to wait a month or three to see him again, but it was hard to stave off that emotional panic. I hadn't realized how MESSED UP it was to be in a long distance relationship for so long. I don't have any regrets and, honestly, I'd do it all over again in a second, but life is so much better like this. It's like I was breathing through a straw for a year and all of a sudden I'm able to come up for air.

Mister-man couldn't use the facilities he needed back home so he had to make the hour-long drive up here again in the blistering heat with no A/C in his truck. When he came back, everything felt better. It was like the rest of me could finally believe my brain when it tried to say that he would be back soon! I guess I was pretty nervous about the whole thing. Reuniting and switching modes is kind of a big deal, even though the point is for it not to be such a big damn deal every time now. I thought it would take a few more weeks to get adjusted, but the unexpected return really helped things gel. It was good time, and there was no hurrying or saying painful good-byes. Just good.

It was also nice to have somebody else cook the porkchops since they always come out all screwed up when I make them myself. :)

No comments: